Internal gains

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

ghayth_mohammed

Internal gains

Postby ghayth_mohammed » Mon May 21, 2007 8:46 am

Hi,

I want to simulate a small room (8*6*2,7m). and it is empty. There are no peoples inside,no equipments, and no light. I have only information about the Internal gains=200W (100% sensible:60% radiative,40% convective, 0% latent). Ventilation 0.5 ach.
The question is:
Where could i give this information in activity template or in HVAC template, and How?

Kind regards.

Ghayth
Andy Tindale

Postby Andy Tindale » Mon May 21, 2007 9:26 am

Ghayth,

On the Model options dialog, you could set the Gain model detail to detailed to allow you to enter the gains as absolute Watt values (rather than W/m2). Then on the Equipment model data tab at zone level add a gain of 200W, 0.6 radiant fraction. On the Activity tab set the occupancy density to 0 people/m2.

To set ventilation 0.5ach you could model this using the infiltration rate data on the Constructions tab(if ventilation tate is constant over the day). Make sure natural ventilation and mechanical ventilation are switched off.

Andy
rafieiedward

Re: Internal gains

Postby rafieiedward » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:02 am

Hello, I have a question about heat gain.
What is the meaning of sensible cooling in heat gain? Is it consumption cooling energy ? I need consumption energy for any zone for summer but I cant get cooling consumption for one zone , it is just availble for building not zone to zone.
Thanks

Return to “EnergyPlus General”