how do I add a location template using a stat file??

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

slash_slash_

how do I add a location template using a stat file??

Postby slash_slash_ » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:39 pm

how do i make a location template for Maldives.

I have even downloaded the STAT and EPW weather file from DOE website.

every time i try to add a location for Maldives all the data seems to be linked to a place in US.
AOG

Postby AOG » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:13 pm

You need first to make an hourly weather data component, which will contain the .epw hourly weather data file and the data provided by the .stat file (please be sure both files are in the same folder). When you make a location template, you can define the weather data component, although you have to enter general data (first tab) manually.

I hope this helps.

Arturo
slash_slash_

Postby slash_slash_ » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:33 am

thanx Arturo,it did help but to some extent.

so u mean i have to input all data to the locations tab in the edit location dialogbox manually

i find that the hourly weather data is already available in design builder componenet libraries for the place.

the one thing i want to do is make a new location template in the template library. but the problem is that even after i select the weather data (in the simulation weather tab in edit location dialogbox)the winter/summer design weather tab does not update automatically. do i have to input these data manually too.
AOG

Postby AOG » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Yes, you also have to enter winter / summer design data manually, as this is not provided by the .epw nor .stat file.

Best regards
Tahira

Re:

Postby Tahira » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm

how to enter winter / summer design data manually when new climate location is made :oops:

Return to “EnergyPlus General”