Loading EnergyPlus Results...

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

mspider

Loading EnergyPlus Results...

Postby mspider » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:33 am

Hello Forum,

I'm running a simulation for a simple model with only 5 zones. The simulation runs fast (~20 seconds) but then loading EnergyPlus results in DesignBuilder is taking an extremely long time (>1 hour). I've included a screenshot of the dialog you see on screen.

I am adding extra lines to the .idf to obtain extra results in the output .eso file and the output file becomes large (>100 MB).

I have turned off "Allow Custom Output" and minimised the output that DesignBuilder itself generates.

Can you confirm that the time taken to load results into DesignBuilder is because of the size of the ESO file? Is it purely the time required to extract the results from the ESO and display in DesignBuilder? Or is there another switch/toggle I can use in the program to be able to load the results into DesignBuilder more quickly.

I have not observed this in the past and I was originally loading surface input for visualisation but have since turned that off. Is there something I have missed so that I can load results quicker?

I have attached the file for reference. If anyone is able to help it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Matthew
Attachments
MEPC0104 Concept.dsb
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
ResultsLoading.png
ResultsLoading.png (5.76 KiB) Viewed 10844 times

Return to “EnergyPlus General”