Zone HVAC Energy Consumption

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

velsilambu

Zone HVAC Energy Consumption

Postby velsilambu » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:04 am

Dear All,

I am using Energy Plus software. I have modelled G+2 Floor residential building .In my model i have used PTHP system. I was getting zone cooling energy in the month of JUNE - (Ground Floor Zone - 444.76 KWh , First Floor - 634.67 KWh , Second Floor - 1004.35 KWh, and other months also result variation comes like June month.

Here comparing to ground floor , first floor increase 1.4 times more and second floor 2.3 times more. obviously, comparing to ground floor other floors energy will increase. But here i am getting more energy consumption for my model. please suggest to move correct direction for my earlier research. Thank you.
Luis Sousa

Re: Zone HVAC Energy Consumption

Postby Luis Sousa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are using DesignBuilder but the principle here is the same as running directly on E+. The results you are getting seems to be expected in hot climates.
I would suggest to study the zone heat balance results to understand the cause of the cooling energy and adjust the model inputs to reduce the energy consumption.

BR,
Luis

Return to “EnergyPlus General”