Earth-Sheltered Buildings

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

h_hassan77

Earth-Sheltered Buildings

Postby h_hassan77 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Hello everyone,

my research topic is: measuring the possibility of applying the earth sheltered buildings at Egypt, as hot-arid climate.

my problem now is to calculate the thermal effect for different soil type, and different soil thicknesses around the building!!!!

Another question, is which is better to calculate the thermal effect of multiple soil thicknesses, the Slab utility, or Basement program?? and can I get the soil temperatures at different soil thicknesses??

Many thanks for concern,
Last edited by h_hassan77 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
designbuilderbig

Postby designbuilderbig » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:12 am

Yes and yes. you should use the slab & basement pre-processors for this effect, especially in naturally ventilated and or naturally conditioned building.

Please note: e+ v8.3 has been released and has incorporated the slab and basement pre-processors into the program as a user-friendly object. It is (should be) on the designbuilder team's developement list to integrate this object. Please contact DB helpdesk if you need more information.

Return to “EnergyPlus General”