EDIT/CONVERT HOURLY WEATHER DATA

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

cristina.carpino

EDIT/CONVERT HOURLY WEATHER DATA

Postby cristina.carpino » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi,
I have to edit an hourly climatic weather file to set the outside dry-bulb temperature to a fixed value.

I used the tool " Hourly weather data" to generate a template in csv from an existing Location.

So, I get two problems:

1) the csv file that the tool generates lists ALL climatic data in a single column, so I am not able to modify the temperatures values, as these are not contained in a separate column

2) Without modifyng anything in the generated csv file (since I cuoldn't) I tried to convert the csv file in the epw file, using the same Tool. But I run into a error that I am going to illustrate in the attachment.

Could someone kindly explain me what I wrong?

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Thanks at all!! :)
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (19.94 KiB) Viewed 61739 times
Luis Sousa

Postby Luis Sousa » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Hello,

If you are only partially editing the data from an existing EPW file then my suggestion is to do it using the "Elements" tool.
With this application, weather data can be easily edited without using the Weather Converter and get around any conversion issues.

The Elements tool is a 3rd party software and is available for free here:
http://bigladdersoftware.com/projects/elements/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
LS
cristina.carpino

Postby cristina.carpino » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:46 am

Great!! Using ELEMENTS I can direclty modify the .epw

Easy and fast!!! I highly recommend it :wink:

Thanks a lot :D :D :D

Return to “EnergyPlus General”