Read error from network (-105) (SOLVED)

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

braullion

Read error from network (-105) (SOLVED)

Postby braullion » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Keep having this error when trying to activate the version 4.7 with my activation code.
Already tried to install DB again, and it didn't work.

The Wizard has failed with the following message:

-105: Read error from network (-105)
Last edited by braullion on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luis Sousa

Re: Read error from network (-105)

Postby Luis Sousa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello,

The error message (-105) is related with a failed connection to the licensing server most likely caused by a firewall or proxy server between your computer and DesignBuider licensing server.
The -105 licence error seems to occur frequently in machines located in University/Colleges or public wi-fi networks where the user needs some type of login details to get network access.
You may need to contact the IT team of the University to create the proxy/ firewall exception.

Other users have manage to activate DesignBuilder using a different network connection (for example, dongle Wi-Fi, home broadband...)

Please raise a ticket with the Support Desk team if you continue experiencing problems with the software activation.

BR,
Luis
braullion

Re: Read error from network (-105)

Postby braullion » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi Luís,

Thanks for answering me so fast.
When I am at office the activation works fine. But I was using a private connection (at home).
So I used my cellphone internt connection to go online with my notebook. Then, the activation worked!

Thanks,
Bráullio
Luis Sousa

Re: Read error from network (-105) (SOLVED)

Postby Luis Sousa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi Bráullio,

Happy to hear that you manage to activate the licence.

Best regards,
Luis
AmandaK

Postby AmandaK » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:28 am

Luis, your response also helped me solving this first error "Read error from network (-105)"

However, when Designbuilder continues to validate my licence, I get another error:

"132: Bad RLM_HANDLE error code (-4)"

It seems I can not use this trial version because I can't find a way to even finish the licence activation..
rezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Postby rezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:27 am

i have error 105 again in version DesignBuilder V5.0.3.007 what can i do ? i read your advice but my computer hasn't this problem i uninstall software and install again but now i cant active it
Darren Flight

Postby Darren Flight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 am

Can you please try to activate DesignBuilder using a different network connection (for example, dongle Wi-Fi, home broadband...)
mahrad

Postby mahrad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:36 am

Darren Flight wrote:Can you please try to activate DesignBuilder using a different network connection (for example, dongle Wi-Fi, home broadband...)

hi, i am having a trouble with activating my license, it says: -1010 can't read activation data base. would you help me?
regards
Darren Flight

Postby Darren Flight » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:21 am

Hi,

Our licencing system was down temporarily yesterday but it is now back up and running.

Can you please try the activation process again.

Best regards,
Darren
Timothybap

Read error from network 105 SOLVED

Postby Timothybap » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:28 pm

I need to read from MSSQL with SQL_Latin1_General_CP1251_CI_AS. where i configure it in php report maker?

Return to “EnergyPlus General”