Power output for simple photovoltaic solar panel

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

Hügel

Power output for simple photovoltaic solar panel

Postby Hügel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello,

I am wondering how I should look at the power output values of the PV simulation within Design Builder.

Under standard configuration the power output in a simulation is equal to: the incident irradiance at a given moment minus the losses. And so, given a certain location/time/orientation/angle, the amount of power produced is simply a function of the efficiency and area of panels. Right?

So. say you have positioned a panel of 1m2, and 15% efficiency, you can just normalise this information. Say you have 20m2. the power output would be multiplied by 20?

Thank you in advance,

best regards,

Casper
EliasMiller

Re: Power output for simple photovoltaic solar panel

Postby EliasMiller » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Hügel wrote:Hello,

I am wondering how I should look at the power output values of the PV simulation within Design Builder.

Under standard configuration the power output in a simulation is equal to: the incident irradiance at a given moment minus the losses. And so, given a certain location/time/orientation/angle, the amount of power produced is simply a function of the efficiency and area of panels. Right?

So. say you have positioned a panel of 1m2, and 15% efficiency, you can just normalise information. Say you have 20m2. the power output would be multiplied by 20?

Thank you in advance,

best regards,

Casper

Could you find out the solution for this?

Return to “EnergyPlus General”