Comparison between same Buildings in ONE chart

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

mohsenma

Postby mohsenma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Hello,

I'm going to compare 2 (or more!) similar facade buildings simulation results (or higher!) with various conditions. (for instance: one building with PCM and another without, one with PV and another without, or various orientation or etc.)
How I can it in ONE chart in DB?
or if it is impossible, wondering if there is a way to export the graphs of RESULT VIEWER in EXCEL, because I would like to comprare the same graphs from different DB files.

Thank you in advance.
Luis Sousa

Re: Comparison between same Buildings in ONE chart

Postby Luis Sousa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:23 am

Hi,

It is possible to load eplusout.eso files from different simulations on the same RV session and have a curve for each case on the same graph.
From within the Results Viewer use the File > Open eso/data set menu command.

The RV results can also be exported in grid view to a csv file and loaded to Excel if needed.

BR,
Luis
HerbeMannABg

Postby HerbeMannABg » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi,
I am doing a project that needs to run energy simulation for a whole campus with around 25 buildings.

I built the model in Revit and now am trying to import the model into DB.
The import process was good, however, all the rooms created in Revit are under separated blocks in DB.

Do you have any idea that how can I combine rooms of the same building to one groupBuilding?

Thanks,
Marco Passarelli
Site Admin

Re: Comparison between same Buildings in ONE chart

Postby Marco Passarelli » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi,
The gaps between blocks come from Revit. DB only reads the gbXML and then creates the blocks.

Internally DesignBuilder includes 2 different ways to import gbXML data:
• Surfaces, where only the gbXML surface objects are used to define block geometry. This is the default option as it typically gives the best results for the majority of BIM models imported from Revit and most other BIMapplications.
• Spaces, where the space objects are used to define block geometry. This is usually the option to choose for model imported from DesignBuilder or ArchiCAD.

Your case is suggesting that these blocks may have been imported from gbXML spaces rather than surface.
To group the blocks in a building, you may try importing the gbXML using surfaces, see more:

https://www.designbuilder.co.uk/helpv5. ... D_Data.htm

Regards,

MP

Return to “EnergyPlus General”