Design Illuminance

Forum for DesignBuilder UK SBEM EPCs and Part-L and Scottish Section 6 Building Regulations compliance checking

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

Cormac Regan

Design Illuminance

Postby Cormac Regan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi

Is design illuminance relevant any more?

I have noticed that when I do lighting Designed the NCM Illuminance for Activity is set at Block level but doesn't change when activity is different at zone level.

Regards
Andrew Bairstow
Site Admin

Postby Andrew Bairstow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Cormac
Yes Design Iluminance is still relevant. NCM Iluminance is activity specific and so should change with activity (unless the NCM Iluminance is the same for both activity set at Block and Zone level). Perhaps you can attach a model or send via the support desk.
Regards
Andrew
Andrew Bairstow
DesignBuilder Software
Cormac Regan

Postby Cormac Regan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi Andrew

See Regards

Cormac
Attachments
Light Design.dsb
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 215 times
Andrew Bairstow
Site Admin

Postby Andrew Bairstow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Cormac
Yes I can see the problem though I cannot duplicate it with a fresh file or new block in your model. I presume that it has occurred due to an unexpected sequence of operations. I notice that if you go to a zone and reassign the activity then the correct NCM lux is loaded. I also checked that it would not affect the calculations. The display of NCM lux does not set that value in the sbem input file so the actual database value is used. I will pass this onto one of the developers to see if they can identify how this could have happened and find a solution.
Thanks for letting us know
Andrew
Andrew Bairstow

DesignBuilder Software

Return to “EPCs and Part L”