Height daylight sensor when converting v3 ->v4

Forum for users to discuss the DesignBuilder Radiance daylighting tools and ask questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

Geert Bellens

Height daylight sensor when converting v3 ->v4

Postby Geert Bellens » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 am

Hi,

I made also a ticket for this problem, but maybe someone can help me already in the weekend.

I've made a large building using v 3.4.

I've now switched to v 4.2 and to my surprise, the daylicht calcaulations are 'zero' for all floors.
There seems to be no daylight in the rooms. In the previous version, this was not the case.

I see the daylight sensor is placed on the bottom of the internal floor. The internal floor is 1 meter high.

As the default heigth of the working plain in daylight calculations is 0.7 m, I would think the height of the internal floor is added to this 0.7m, but apparantly not.

If I set the working plain to 1.7 m, I do have daylight results (but are they correct??)

Is there a difference between the location (in height) of the daylight factor using V4? Or is it caused by the conversion from an older version? Can I manually 'raise' this sensor to the bottom of the real floor?

This must have an influance on the daylight control (if using lighting control) as well.

Geert bellens

Return to “Radiance Daylighting”