Breeam HEA1 Credit

Forum for users to discuss the DesignBuilder Radiance daylighting tools and ask questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

TomV

Breeam HEA1 Credit

Postby TomV » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Hello forums,

I have been asked a question by a Breeam assessor for which I could do with some advice.

To give you some background I am an Architect and am not especially tech savy or knowledgeable about daylighting simulation. That said, I have managed to produce a HEA1 Breeam report from Design Builder and have submitted it as evidence to the assessor for a project I am working on. The assessor has asked me for the following:

Confirmation that the provision of daylight has been designed in accordance with the guidance in CIBSE Lighting Guide 108 Daylighting and window design, BS8206 Part 29 and the BRE Site Layout Guide10.

I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the above are all guides that help determine how calculations should be undertaken rather than architectural design principals (such as add louvers to south facing facade etc). If this is the case would I be correct in thinking that Design Builder takes this guidance into account in its report and or methods used to generate its results/HEA1 report?

Ideally I am hoping to tell the assessor something as simple as "Confirmed!" but do not want to do this without knowing it's correct to do so.

Many thanks,

T
GaryBr

Re: Breeam HEA1 Credit

Postby GaryBr » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:02 am

so have you sort this out???

Return to “Radiance Daylighting”