Unistalling issue with DB 5.0.3.007

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

jbrunet

Unistalling issue with DB 5.0.3.007

Postby jbrunet » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,

We are having an issue trying to unistall DesignBuilder 5.0.3.007 version. We get the following error: "Specified module cannot be found"; this is happening in several PCs. We need to unistall this version in order to install the new 5.2 version of DB.

Is anyone of you in the same situation? Thanks in advance
Darren Flight

Re: Unistalling issue with DB 5.0.3.007

Postby Darren Flight » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:03 am

DesignBuilder can be manually uninstalled running the Installshield "Setup.exe" file from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{9C306D70-8A6C-11D5-8CDF-00D0B78FC575}

If it is not in that location then please try the following location:

C:\Users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\InstallShield Installation Information\{9C306D70-8A6C-11D5-8CDF-00D0B78FC575}

You will need to have admin rights and show all hidden folders (Please see below on how to show hidden folders).

To show hidden folders:

On Windows XP:

From an Explorer window:
i) Tools -> Folder Options ...
ii) Click the view tab
iii) Select "Show hidden files, folder and drives"
iv) Click Ok.

On Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8:

From an Explorer window:
i) Organize -> Folder and Search Options
ii) Click the view tab
iv) Click Ok.

On Windows 10:

From an Explorer window:

i) Click the View tab
ii) Select "Hidden items"

After following these steps you should be able to reinstall DesignBuilder.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Setup exe file
Capture.PNG (64.96 KiB) Viewed 3644 times
brian canny

Postby brian canny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:59 pm

I am also experiencing problems removing 5.0.3.007 from my laptop , using windows 10 I have followed previous advice but still get message that this version in still installed ?

Can you give any further guidance ?

Regards

Brian Canny
Luis Sousa

Postby Luis Sousa » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi

If the SETUP.EXE file is missing from the Installshield folder mentioned above then one workaround is to re-run the old v5.0 installer to reinstate files. Then you should be able to follow the manual uninstall steps.

BR,
Luis
caroljames

Re: Unistalling issue with DBv4.0 and v6.0

Postby caroljames » Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 am

I am having trouble installing the v 6.0 . Actually i installed 4.0 version without uninstalling the v6.0 version then i uninstalled V 4.0. since then i cant install any version on my laptop. it keeps showing the massage the i still have v 4.0 version installed on the system and cant install other version.
i tried to delete all the files of design builder from my PC but its not helping. :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Darren Flight

Postby Darren Flight » Mon May 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Not sure why you need to install v4 as well as v6, however you can not have two versions of DesignBuilder installed at the same time. This may have caused your current issue as the two are causing a conflict.

To remove v4 please try steps below.

DesignBuilder can be manually uninstalled running the Installshield "Setup.exe" file from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{9C306D70-8A6C-11D5-8CDF-00D0B78FC575}

If it is not in that location then please try the following location:

C:\Users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\InstallShield Installation Information\{9C306D70-8A6C-11D5-8CDF-00D0B78FC575}

You will need to have admin rights and show all hidden folders (Please see below on how to show hidden folders).

To show hidden folders:

On Windows XP:

From an Explorer window:
i) Tools -> Folder Options ...
ii) Click the view tab
iv) Click Ok.

On Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8:

From an Explorer window:
i) Organize -> Folder and Search Options
ii) Click the view tab
iv) Click Ok.

On Windows 10:

From an Explorer window:

i) Click the View tab
ii) Select "Hidden items"

After following these steps you should be able to reinstall DesignBuilder.

If you still can not install DB then please use a third part uninstall software such as Revo or Wise to remove DB completely from your computer. You should then be able to install DB again.

Return to “EnergyPlus General”