Run-time Error 13

This forum provides a point of discussion on the 2014 Design Optimisation Competition organised by the ADOPT research group

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

LucDes

Run-time Error 13

Postby LucDes » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:02 am

Hello,

I am using the trail version of EP for the Uncertainty and Sensivity Analysis but I am encoutenring some issues.
First, I cannot change or even add a parameter simply because the programm does not want to close the window, so I have to end DesignBuilder and start over.
Second, if I do not change any paramter and I run a simulation, the programm send me a message that a run-time error 13 occured. So it automatically close DesignBuilder.

Is this specific to trial versions? What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you,

LucDes
Darren Flight

Re: Run-time Error 13

Postby Darren Flight » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:17 am

Could you please try to clear the user library Data folder. Please follow the steps below to clear the DesignBuilder library Data folder at the user local space.

1. If you haven't done so already, set your Folder Options so you can see hidden files, folders and drives:

- In Windows 7 and 8, from an Explorer window :
i) Organize -> Folder and Search Options
ii) Click the view tab
iii) Select "Show hidden files, folder and drives"
iv) Click Ok.

- In Windows 10, from an Explorer window:
i) Navigate to 'View'
ii) Select "Hidden items"

2. With DesignBuilder closed. Delete the Data folder at:
C:\Users\"YOUR_USERNAME"\AppData\Local\DesignBuilder\Data

Then restart your computer and try DesignBuilder again. If the same issue occurs please follow the same steps above again and then uninstall DB, restart your computer and reinstall DB.

Best regards,
Darren
LucDes

Postby LucDes » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:45 am

This does not work...maybe it is due to the trial version?

Lucas
Darren Flight

Postby Darren Flight » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:00 am

This is issue is not down to the trial version but something on your system. In this case it might be better to use a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo or Wise to completely remove DB from your system (please deactivate the licence first) and then reinstall DB.

Return to “Design Optimisation Competition 2014”