Simulating energy model with more than 50 zones

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

Sramac10

Simulating energy model with more than 50 zones

Postby Sramac10 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:49 am

Hello, I am new to design-builder and recently installed a trial version v6.1.0.19. I am trying to simulate an energy model that has more than 50 zones and multistoried, but I am unable to. I get an error message that I won't able to due trial version restrictions. Can anyone of you help me with the same?

Also, this model was created using the latest version of Design-builder, however, I wasn't able to open the same. I had to download V5.5 and the model was downgraded from v6 to V5.5. How can I solve this? Is there a way to check the version of the design-builder file prior to opening it?

Thanks
Ranjani
Darren Flight

Re: Simulating energy model with more than 50 zones

Postby Darren Flight » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:01 am

Hi Ranjani,

The Evaluation licence allows you a maximum of 50 zones in EnergyPlus simulations, heating and cooling design calculations and daylighting calculation. Please use the link below to apply for a special licence.

https://designbuilder.co.uk/about-us/contact

If you have saved a model in v6 it can not be opened in v5 You could post a ticket on our support desk.

https://support.designbuilder.co.uk/ind ... ets/Submit
sranjani

Postby sranjani » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply.

I did receive a .lic from the support team, but unfortunately wasn't able to simulate the model. Not sure what is the issue? Can you please help me with this?

Thanks
Ranjani
Darren Flight

Postby Darren Flight » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 am

Hi Ranjani,

It could be that DesignBuilder is still picking up the Eval code. Press the Reset button in the Licence Manager and then activate with the .lic file again.

Best regards,
Darren

Return to “EnergyPlus General”