License and activation

This forum provides a point of discussion on the 2012 Design Optimisation Competition organised by the ADOPT research group

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

Florian.simon@cmdl.fr

License and activation

Postby Florian.simon@cmdl.fr » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:53 am

Hello,

I can’t activate the software with the license provided in the package. Did somebody managed to activate it? With which version?

Thank you.
Marco Passarelli
Site Admin

Postby Marco Passarelli » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Hello,

If you already have a license for DesignBuilder version 3 activated at the moment in your computer you don’t need to use the Lic. file provided in the competition package. Otherwise you must activate the .Lic File following these instructions:

1 Go to www.designbuilder.co.uk
2 Register and then log on
3 Download the latest BETA version (see the note below) of the software from HomePage>Downloads
4. Copy the lic. file to My documents/DesignBuilder Data (or anywhere else you wish)
5 Start DesignBuilder
6 Click on Help/License/Activate from file
7 Browse and find My documents/DesignBuilder Data
8 Select lic. file

This will then activate the software.

Note: The version of DesignBuilder used to carry out modelling, run simulations and generate results for this competition should be v3.1.0.065 BETA or later. (see in section 1.6 of Brief document)

Regards,

Marco

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 am

Hello,

I did as you describe, and i still have an error message: \"Failed to find any valid RLM licenses - reverting to \'Activation code\' licensing mode\". I wonder if the license is valid.
Winniesaqe

License and activation

Postby Winniesaqe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:29 am

Hi I request your best cooperation in order to send me my old license key activation.
because I change for a new pc stop my best regards funana
Darren Flight

Re: License and activation

Postby Darren Flight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 am

Winniesaqe wrote:Hi I request your best cooperation in order to send me my old license key activation.
because I change for a new pc stop my best regards funana

Please contact the support desk

https://support.designbuilder.co.uk
Timothybap

License and activation

Postby Timothybap » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:09 pm

I have purchased this software and need to enter the License information in order to activate it. The problem is when I try to enter it I get the message that my computer can not reach the softwrap server. Is there any other way to activate this software?

Return to “Design Optimisation Competition 2012”