Circulating Fans

Forum for DesignBuilder CFD users to exchange views and ask each other questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

22degrees

Circulating Fans

Postby 22degrees » Sat May 25, 2013 2:09 am

Hi,

From the information in the forum it is noted that 'circulating' fans were to be added to the program in late 2012. Am wondering if this feature is available, or how can we go about adding such a system?

Look forward to your reply
Thank you in advance,
Ryan

Hi Again,
I have since added an assembly within the model to both supply and extract. This can be placed in the space as a desk fan may do.

If there is a more effective way to add a ceiling fan or any impulse type fan please let me know. Thanks again.
Steve Potter

Postby Steve Potter » Wed May 29, 2013 8:38 am

Hi,

The method that you have adopted using an assembly with supply and extract is probably the best solution at the moment. The only limitation with this approach is that the supply air temperature must be defined and cannot automatically be picked up from the extract temperature.

We are however planning to incorporate circulation fans in version 4.0 which should be available this summer.

Steve
22degrees

Postby 22degrees » Thu May 30, 2013 8:00 am

Thank you Steve
vasikour2

Re: Circulating Fans

Postby vasikour2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Is this option available now?
Sabrina_W

Postby Sabrina_W » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am

Hi, I also would like to know whether the option of adding a circulating fan is available in the current DesignBuilder v5. If it is available, how to add circulating fans for the internal CFD analysis? Thanks.
Luis Sousa

Postby Luis Sousa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi

CFD Circulation fan is available on DesingnBuilder v5.x. The CFD circulation fan toolbar icon can be found at block level.

CFD Circulation fan.png
CFD Circulation fan.png (193 KiB) Viewed 2804 times

BR,
LFS

Return to “CFD”