Roof showing as a wall

Forum for DesignBuilder UK SBEM EPCs and Part-L and Scottish Section 6 Building Regulations compliance checking

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

suden

Roof showing as a wall

Postby suden » Mon May 11, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi
I have a number of steep pitched roofs in my model that are showing up as walls. How can I override this?

The roofs were drawn using the extruded option in the geometry box rather than the pitched roof option.

Thanks
Andrew Bairstow
Site Admin

Postby Andrew Bairstow » Tue May 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Roofs with pitches above 70deg are treated as walls following the rule specified in the isbem user guide. What pitch is your roof?
Regards
Andrew
Andrew Bairstow
DesignBuilder Software
suden

Postby suden » Tue May 12, 2015 1:25 pm

The pitch is only about 55 deg, and is an old Victorian school which typically has these sorts of high pitched roofs. I was sure that there used to be a setting somewhere in DB that could change the 70deg wall/roof angle to check this has not been altered, but so far I have not been able to find it.

In the end I had to manually change the construction to an occupied pitched roof, but with so many roofs it took an awful long time!
Andrew Bairstow
Site Admin

Postby Andrew Bairstow » Tue May 12, 2015 1:51 pm

If you'd like to send us the model (Support Desk is probably the best way to do this) then I'll be happy to take a look.
Regards
Andrew
Andrew Bairstow

DesignBuilder Software
ronaldbex

Roof showing as a wall

Postby ronaldbex » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi there,

as shown on the picture, I try to draw two adjacent windows at the corner of two external walls. DB places automatically a wall between the windows and the corner. Is there any way to adjust it, so that there is no wall between the windows?

thanks in advance

Return to “EPCs and Part L”