Rendering issue with Windows Update KB4013429

Forum for DesignBuilder UK SBEM EPCs and Part-L and Scottish Section 6 Building Regulations compliance checking

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

suden

Postby suden » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi
At the end of last week I was experiencing severe rendering issues with DB. The program would hang, and become slow and jittery (similar to when experiencing graphic driver issues in the past). Eventually I discovered a large Win 10 update patch had been installed: KB4013429. Removing this seemed to cure the problem. Unfortunately Windows has now re-installed the update, and the problem has returned. Ironically this latest update was supposed to cure a 3D rendering issue that I had not experienced earlier. The below is from Microsoft support website about KB4013429:

"Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986. Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors."

Has anyone else experienced this issue recently? Does anyone know of a way to keep Windows 10 updates from reinstalling themselves?

Thanks
Geert Bellens

Re: Rendering issue with Windows Update KB4013429

Postby Geert Bellens » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi,

I've noticed also slow response since a while...
Both on my laptop and desktop.

Do you have more information about the solution...?
Can't find this update in my history.

Best regards,

Geert
SonoJyje

Postby SonoJyje » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:14 am

Hi Tom,

does this concern a regular Windows update eg. for WIndows 7 in my case or is it related to Windows 10?

Best regards,

Guido
Darren Flight

Re: Rendering issue with Windows Update KB4013429

Postby Darren Flight » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 am

Hi,

It appears to be only related to Windows 10 and computers with Intel Integrated GPU's
Removing these updates (latest KB38801) seems to solve the slow down issue.

Best regards,
DF
Sonoslls

Postby Sonoslls » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:31 am

It would be interesting to see at what point it becomes stuck, even though it is not a RenderPal problem. So maybe you should past the output log of the rendering here...

Return to “EPCs and Part L”