DesignBuilder Evaluation licences have the following restrictions:
- Maximum of 50 zones in EnergyPlus simulations, heating and cooling design calculations and daylighting calculation.
- Daylighting, CFD and Visualisation 3-D graphical outputs have a watermark added (image below).
- Numerical CFD data export is disabled.
- EnergyPlus IDF data is harder to read than when the software is licensed due to numeric ids and no formatting or comments.
- LEED Minimum Energy Performance Calculator (MEPC) report is not available.
- UK SBEM and DSM calculations can be run but the official reports are not provided.
- CIBSE TM52 and TM59 reports aren't available due to the numeric ids used in the EnergyPlus IDF input files
If any of the above restrictions are preventing you from evaluating the software please contact us to apply for a special licence.
|Example evaluation visualisation|