DesignBuilder SBEM for UK and Ireland Certification Training
This DesignBuilder course will teach you how to use DesignBuilder’s UK Certification interface to improve your productivity when producing EPCs and Building Regulations compliance documents. It is available as both a 1-day live online course and as on-demand online training.
The course is suitable for existing energy assessors familiar with other SBEM or DSM tools but new to DesignBuilder, plus those looking to enhance existing DesignBuilder skills. The course introduces the fundamentals of DesignBuilder’s UK certification interface using our SBEM interface. The DesignBuilder SBEM and DSM interfaces are largely the same, therefore this course also provides the foundation to attend our DSM “top-up” course which focuses only on aspects that are specific to DSM calculations. This DesignBuilder SBEM for Certification Training includes:
- Introduction to DesignBuilder Certification: learn how DesignBuilder can simplify and significantly speed up your modelling processes, making you more productive.
- Model geometry made easy: learn how to import and use floor plans and façade drawings for faster geometry creation, plus a brief model geometry re-cap with “top tips” to aid efficient workflow.
- Faster model data input: learn how DesignBuilder’s industry-leading data management system can save you time and reduce modelling input errors for more accurate results.
- QA and data-checking your model: learn why the accreditation schemes like DesignBuilder, because it helps to reduce audit failures compared to iSBEM and other [harder to use] tools.
- You will create a model from start to finish by first defining the model geometry and data inputs and then running calculations to produce EPCs and Building Regulations compliance documents.
This course is designed to teach you how to use DesignBuilder for UK and Ireland Certification via the SBEM interface. It is also a necessary pre-cursor to our DSM training for those new to DesignBuilder Certification wanting DSM accreditation.
This training is available as both a live online 1-day course and on-demand online training. The on-demand training includes the same content, and can be completed when convenient for you. It can be accessed as many times as you need for a full year, long after you may have forgotten some important details covered in a live one-day training course. The on-demand version is interactive and stops at key points to ask questions about important information in each session. You will receive the same course completion certificate for your CPD records, regardless of whether you choose the live or on-demand version of this training.
Please note that the on-demand training and software licences are separate. You don’t need a DesignBuilder Certification module to view the training, but you would need it to follow the training in the software. If you require a 30-day DesignBuilder training licence to enable you to practise and consolidate your learning using the course materials provided please contact email@example.com.
The course and tutorials are part of an integrated training approach, which also includes a comprehensive user training manual and our Program Help, meaning you can quickly learn to use DesignBuilder at minimum cost. The course is open to members of any accreditation scheme and will qualify for 7 hours of CPD.
CIBSE assessors must complete a DesignBuilder SBEM exam to lodge DesignBuilder SBEM EPCs. SEAI also require SBEM assessors to complete an exam to demonstrate competence for BER assessments. Most accreditation schemes require a DesignBuilder training attendance certificate to lodge DesignBuilder EPCs, we advise checking your accreditation scheme requirements.
The minimum license required to continue using DesignBuilder SBEM after your 30-day training license expires is DesignBuilder’s Certification module. We also offer an Energy Assessor package licence, which includes the Visualisation module for improved QA-checking and to generate high-quality rendered images of your model for client reports etc.
You can book your DesignBuilder SBEM Certification Training 1-day course and on-demand training here: